ENEL: “Green Hydrogen: where are we now?”
How are we going to make this project a success? Go from conventional, to innovation, to invention
- Combining conventional technologies to establish a baseline of performance and price
- Develop a clear framework of evaluation to respond to subsidiary and investment criteria (environmental impact assessment, anthropological and cultural integration, engineering feasibility, business, and economics)
- Try to improve the performance, do small tweaks
- Start to implement novel and more exotic technologies
What are the technological differentiators that may give you an advantage?
- Low-pressure hydrogen (current)
- Non-toxic catalyst (short term)
- Deep water hydrogen compression (long term)
What are the large funds available for such projects?
- Just Energy Transition Partnership (JETP): https://web.pln.co.id/pln-jetp/jetp-home
- Glasgow alliance for net zero. Michael Bloomberg. https://www.gfanzero.com/
- Working with young people and crowd-sourcing this innovation is an interesting approach. We could run this with a power innovation company
Great thanks to Giandomenico Zappia for the constructive discussion and pointers. ENEL position on hydrogen: https://www.enelgreenpower.com/stories/articles/2020/07/green-hydrogen-future-renewable-energies